Bhaskaracharya Mathematics Talent Search Competition (BMTSC) 2016 - 17
Date: Sunday, 20th November 2016.
Time: 12.00 PM to 3.00 PM
Chief Coordinator: Kiran Barve
Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana, Pune is a world renowned institute in the research and education in Mathematics. The institute has a very high reputation in training the school students, which leads to the training for International Mathematics Olympiad. Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana introduced a new activity last year, to commemorate the 900th birth anniversary of the legendary Indian Mathematician Bhaskaracharya II. Any student up to 6th standard in Maharashtra & Goa can compete and take the examination at the centres announced. The registration for the examination is to be done through the student’s school.
- Identify good students of mathematics at an early age.
- Spread the work of the institute at a broader level.
- Pay our tribute to the great Indian Mathematician Bhaskaracharya II every year.
Nature of the Competition:
- A pre-Olympiad type competition based on the syllabi of 6th standard
- Problems testing logical thinking and mathematical aptitude will be asked.
Brief details of the Examination :
- Name of the competition: Bhaskaracharya Mathematics Talent Search Competition.(BMTSC)
- Eligibility: Students of 5th and 6th standard.
- Syllabus: Upto 6th standard. Indicative syllabus given below.
- Medium: English / Marathi. Question Papers will be in Two Langauges and student can write in either in Marathi or in English.
- Prescribed Centres will be announced on the website www. bprim.org
- Rs. 150 /- per student.
- The names of participants & their fees should be forwarded through the Principal on or before 08 / 11 / 2016.
- (Please provide the list of students in the format provided. Click here to download the form to provide list of students)
- Payment can be through Demand Draft or amount can be paid in to the bank account and list of the participants should communicted through email.
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detaisl of Bank Account
- Name of Account (s) : Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana
Name of Bank : HDFC Bank,
Branch : Bhandarkar Road, Pune - 411 004
S. Account No. : 50100087125894
IFSC Code : HDFC0000007
- 1st Rs. 3000/-
- 2nd 2000/-
- 3rd 1000/-
- The cheer prizes in terms of books will be given.
- Certificates will be given for all the participants.
All possible guidance for further study of Mathematics will be given for deserving students.
Indicative syllabus for the BMTSC 2016-17
About 60% questions would be based on the following topics. However the syllabus is indicative and not Mandetory for the Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana the institute conducting the examination :
- Integers, Operations on numbers
- Fractions (vulgar and decimal), LCM and GCD (HCF)
- Squares and Square Roots, Average
- Ratio and Proportion, Percentage
- Simple Interest, Profit and Loss, Time and work
- Number Patterns, Units of measurement (decimals and other units)
- Angles, Parallel Lines
- Triangles, Quadriaterals (square, Rectangle, Parallelogram, Rhombus, Trapezium)=
- Circle, Perimeter and Area